Millions of people around the world are trying to lose weight. While there are many different ways to go about it, one popular option is walking.
But does walking helps in calorie burn?
A person burns around 100 calories per mile when walking. So, if someone wants to lose one pound per week, they need to burn 500 extra calories each day. This can be done by walking five miles each day.
Walking will help in weight loss only if the person is burning more calories than they are consuming. If you want to lose weight faster, you have to add other exercise routines and eat healthy diets.
In this article, we will be digging deep into how walking can lead to weight loss and what are some of the other health benefits of walking.
What is weight loss and how can walking help with it?
How much weight can you lose by walking?
In one study, 11 moderate-weight women lost an average of 17 pounds (7.7 kg), or 10% of their initial body weight, after 6 months of brisk walking daily.
How to start a walking program for weight loss?
1. Wake up early and go for a walk in the park or on the street
2. Use stairs instead of a lift
3. Get a pedometer and measure the number of steps you walk in a day
4. Park your car at a distance from your office or destination
5. Join a gym and do some cardio
6. Go for a walk with your friends or family
7. Take the dogs out for a walk
8. Invest in a treadmill
9. Go hiking on the weekends
10. Walk during your lunch break
Walking and weight loss tips for optimal weight loss
1. Focus on your diet
2. Get a pair of walking shoes
3. Warm-up before you walk
4. Set a goal
5. Walk at a brisk pace
6. Cool down after your walk
8. Drink plenty of water
9. Walk every day
Walking is a great way to lose weight, but remember that diet and other exercises are also important.
Be sure to talk to your doctor before starting any weight loss program.
Also, you have to be consistent and walk every day to see results.
Start small and increase your walking time and distance gradually.
And lastly, don’t forget to reward yourself for all your hard work!